E-Malt.com News article: USA: Anheuser-Busch wins USA Today Ad Meter title
Anheuser-Busch grabbed the top spot in USA TODAY's Super Bowl Ad Meter for a record ninth year in a row, according to USA Today’s press release of February 5.
Anheuser-Busch's ad featuring crabs worshiping a cooler of Budweiser on the beach was the most popular, according to USA TODAY's Ad Meter. Volunteers gave the ad a score of 8.56 (on a scale of 0 to 10).
The top five ads and each one's rating:
1. Anheuser-Busch - Crabs worship a cooler of Budweiser on the beach - 8.56
2. Anheuser-Busch - Stray dog makes good in Clydesdale parade - 8.29
3. Anheuser-Busch - Guy throws real rock in Rock, Paper, Scissors game - 8.28
4. Frito-Lay - Live the flavor - Winner of online voting for best homemade Doritos ad - 7.95
5. Anheuser-Busch - Immigrants learn how to ask for Bud Light - 7.87
USA Today's 19th annual Ad Meter was held in Houston, Texas and McLean, Virginia, during the Super Bowl on February 4th. Volunteers charted their second-by-second reactions to national Super Bowl commercials. The 238 volunteers used hand-held meters to register how much they liked or disliked an ad. A computer averaged the scores continuously.
07 February, 2007